CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 14 November 2016

Cracking up!!


Hi Everyone,
I have been having a lovely messy time decorating this set of little milk bottles.
I started by coating with gesso, then a pretty teal/blue paint, followed by crackling medium, and then an off white paint over the top, which crackled quite nicely. I also overstamped with a crackle stamp by Indigo Blu. I then decorated by winding some sparkly blue thread around the neck, diecut leaves and flourish and a pretty flower.

Challenges - A vintage journey - cracking up
Happy Little Stamper - a/g with dies
Pixies Crafty Workshop - I used snippets for the die cuts

Thanks for looking and have a great week

11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love this gorgeous set of bottles, lovely flowers, great creativity and so beautiful. Oh yeah, I did forget the barby.lol....xx{aNNie}

brenda said...

What gorgeous altered bottles Glennis, I can well imagine the fun you had making these.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

These are stunning and it looks like you had great fun making them too.

Sue xx

Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous project, Glennis. I love those little bottles and the flowers and leaves made from snippets are the perfect embellishment. Elizabeth xx

Bonnie said...

Very pretty jars, Glennis! I love the way you've painted and decorated them!

Di said...

Well Glennis, who's a clever little sausage then?! LOVE this idea - so pretty and I bet great fun to make.

Hugs

Di xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

These are beautiful!

JoZart Designs said...

Lost my message so if it's duplicated, my apologies!
Lovely messy time you've had with great results. Lovely to hear from you and TY for your comment.
Jo x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love your idea of decorating milk bottles, the crackle is fantastic and the pop of colour from the flowers is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining in A Vintage Journey Challenge. Tracy x

Words and Pictures said...

Love your altered milk bottles - the crackle looks fantastic, and those flowery decorations give us just a touch of springtime colour too... lovely when it's so cold out! Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful piece of art..these bottles are looking awesome..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers- Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.